I took two outings without the boys while we were on vacation last week...I just had to explore some vintage treasures. I didn't bring my camera to the flea market, but had fun snapping shots at the Kikapoo Trading Post while my girlfriend was trying on vintage dresses.
Of course I didn't leave empty handed.
- two letterpress drawers to mount in the boys' bedroom to hold their treasures
- a stack of vintage children's workbooks-such lovely graphics
- wood (anything) handmade knitting needles and vintage bobbins (some with thread-sigh)
- beautiful tapestry (to add to my collection)
- and a crazy number of unopened needlework kits-mostly from Norway. These kits are so wonderful! Even if the pattern is out of date or I'm not interested in it, the linen and beautiful threads can still be used, and I plan to take these to the preschool to work on a stitching project with the kids. At $2 a kit, it's a bargain just for the supplies.