I finally made it!! We now have our own tapestry table at the preschool.
I have long been admiring the one I first read about at Amie's Sewing School. The beautiful one she has at her school was not only too pricey for us, but also sold out. I was able to very easily make one and although I didn't photograph the process, it is a simple project that came together in a few minutes.
Here is what I did...
- Using the base of a coffee table (we happened to have one in our garage as we used the top for our table - see a photo of it here-with Julen, so little!)
- some burlap (from the gardening center) and
- a staple gun
- cut a piece of burlap large enough to cover the base and staple securely all the way around the edge.
- a basket of scraps of yarn and some large plastic needles on hand
So easy and reaady for sewing immediately. The kids have taken to it right away and it's nice for them to do some self-directed fine motor handwork.
Julen loves to keep himself busy after our day is over and he's waiting for me to finish up my work before we go home.
I'm really looking foward to the kids finishing this so we can hang it on the wall.