When we saw my dear friend Amanda last weekend, she brought the boys the most unexpected and beautiful gift. She gathered bits from nature and from her farm and put them together in such a magical way. Simple treasures that bring so much joy.
- bird nests full of horse hair from her mother's barn
- tiger's eye beans she grew last summer
- bird feathers found on walks
- dried flower heads
- a sweet gathering of herbs wrapped in twine from her kitchen window
- and beautiful smooth large seed pods she collected from her travels to set the nest on
Lovely bits to hold and look through and wonder about. We even found remnants of baby blue shell in one of the nests. These are quite safely perched on our nature table now and bring a smile to my face every time I look at them.