It was Leslie who got me thinking about printing on fabric. I couldn't resist signing up for her swap, so began playing.
First I went to the kitchen to see how different utensils worked for stamping. It was fun to make patterns with the variety of tools, but I found it too challenging to get good results with the ink.
Next I played with stamps, some commercial, some i carved myself. I also experimented with squares of foam.
Pretty, but was not sure how to line up the edges to cover an entire fat quarter.
More playing then I finally came up with a pattern that I liked.
For the swap fabrics, I used four different colors of paint (Martha Stewart satin) on a 100% Organic white cotton. I chose four stamps and did a repeat design covering the entire piece of fabric.
After heat setting them with a hot iron, they were ready to go.
These are all on their way to Australia.