Dorie hosted a Redwork Swap earlier this year and I finally, FINALLY have sent my package off to the very patient Rachael. I had no trouble doing the redwork itself...it was just what to make out of it that was the challenging part. Rachael said she had trouble with that part also, but made me the most beautiful pillow...check it out here, and see all the other wonderful surprises she sent me.
I went with stitching the redwork on wool.
And since I decided to go with making a pillow, I did another design on the other side.
Both of the patterns for the embroidery came from here. I love how it turned out with the little red ball trim around the edge. I'm going to have to try that again sometime.
While I had my DMC #321 thread out I decided to do this little cross stitch that I had my eye on for some time.
Girls' Choir, pattern by Gerda Bengtsson. A fun little mindless project to work on when I wasn't feeling well.
More red and white are these pincushions I stitched up for some friends.
And in the holiday decor department I made some little felt wreath ornaments for a swap.
And lastly, another redwork on felt.
The image comes from one of my favorite children book illustrators, Lois Lenski.
Here is a photo of it over on Flickr.