I got an early start to making my ornaments for Amy's annual Christmas Ornament Swap. Interested in trying something new, I went with Fimo, something I have very little experience working with. And, I had angels on my mind. Here's how I got started.
Little heads and limbs all baked up and painted. It was much harder than I realized to try and keep all the body parts in equal proportion. Before baking, I had inserted the eye pins for hanging on the tree. Then the girls all got their faces.
Next step was to embroider their little dresses and I added some thrifted pearls for buttons.
Limbs attached and all sewn up. Last step was to add their wings made from tulle and wool hair.
Photographing is never quite as much fun unless you have a little helper.
Counting them first in English, then again in Spanish. Yep, all there.
Background watercolor painting courtesy of Peanut.
Ready to fly off to their new homes. I just couldn't refuse Martha's adorable little boxes to package them in.
Settling into their new homes.
Finally, ready to go.
Funny how although I tried something completely new, they ended up looking a lot like my pixie doll ornaments from last year. Hmmm.